Oil & Gas - Developer
Posted 3rd Jul 2018
Main Purpose of the role:
You will advocate, evangelise and build robust operational analytics and help pivot organization's culture understand and embrace the owner of data science. You’ll ‘dig in’ and become an expert on our EPC, global asset management, and Oil field operations datasets. You will provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables. Your primary focus will be helping organization implement a global data management strategy, building a global data lake + visualization software, applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality operational analytics to support and integrate with our products and services.
Leverage industry best practice to help define and implement a global data strategy which supports the centralisation, normalisation, and democratisation of Petrofac’s vast data stores.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with global operational teams and platform owners to help build a global data lake
• Lead masterdata cleansing and improvement efforts; including automated and cost-effective solutions for processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Leverage agile methods to rapidly develop and iterate impactful operational analytics in PowerBI
• Partner with global operational teams to support Petrofac’s cultural shift of a metrics-based culture
• Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
• Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
• Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
• Optimise joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
• Pioneer OT and edge analytical capabilities on our remote oil field assets
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Partner with operational leaders and our customers to deliver value-added analytics tools which can be monetised or used to augment commercial offerings
Our client is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry.
We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. This enables us to respond to the distinct needs of each client and help them to transform the value of their assets across the oil and gas life cycle.
Knowledge and Qualification:
• Advanced studies in Data science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Maths or related field
• 5+ years’ practical experience with SAS, ETL, SQL, data processing, database programming, NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase or data analytics
• Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python an asset
• Strong project management skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities without losing momentum
• Experience building or administering a global data lake
• Defining, implementing, and maintaining a global data strategy
• Experience building robust and impactful data visualisation solutions and gaining adoption
• Data management: modelling, normalisation, cleaning, and maintenance
• Experience with ETL tools
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time:
Get in touch with...
Get Job Alerts
Don’t miss out on your perfect job. Click here to sign-up for email alerts