Head of Enterprise Architect
Technology Services - Architecture
Posted 23rd May 2018
Purpose of the role
The role holder is responsible for leading the technology roadmap, maintenance and management of the The Client Group IT architecture needs through partnering with the respective businesses to ensure IT strategies are aligned with the business strategy, goals and processes. The role holder is also responsible for the review, design and development of IT operational processes, risks, standards, controls and procedures.
Strategy and Planning
• Develops enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies to enable the business and ensure that the EA portfolios and objectives are consistent with The Client long-term and short term business objectives and priorities.
• Shape strategic investment in technology through business systems planning, budgeting and direction to sourcing and vendor Management.
• Defines automation objectives and identifies suitable projects to assist The Client in meeting its goals
• Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
• Constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
• Be accountable to produce consumable insight based on the architectural data collected and illustrating the level of alignment of technology strategy and business strategy
• Monitors the performance of IT services against related key performance indicators (KPIs) and recommends changes to improve quality of performance.
• Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determines conformance with the EA.
• Provides expert opinion and recommendations on technological solutions in the market for particular technical requirements and business needs. Including collaborating with the PMO team to maintain successful programmes and assisting with cost benefit analysis as required,
• Identifies development and implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
• Contribute to the design, develop, test and release activities across applications and infrastructure for THE CLIENT group and DH subsidiaries.
• Supervises the application changes and configurations as part of the transition and deployment of the developed solutions into The Client strategy.
• Defines and highlights areas for service improvement or cost reductions, as appropriate, such as consolidating datacenters or other infrastructure items and highlighting redundancies and duplications of effort.
• Ensures that IT applications and infrastructure in production meets user requirements and provides continuous service improvement.
• Make decisions in regards to Enterprise Architecture on behalf of the business.
• Oversees all aspects of service agreements with outsourced vendors including staff augmentation, software support, performance and SLA management and maintenance. Including leading external vendors in pursuit of delivering on project objectives.
Standards and Compliance
• Govern major change programmes in their use of information technologies, ensuring appropriate use of IT and the delivery of business requirements.
• Act as a custodian for Group IT ensuring that all licenses and inventory records are maintained and comply with internal and external standards.
• Oversee security governance for all business system environments.
• Recommend changes to the IT Standard Operating Environment (SOE) for, infrastructure, applications (architecture, software), databases and data architecture and evaluate associated business benefits.
• Establish and maintain “fit for purpose” technology standards that enable the simplification of the technology landscape.
• Oversee the software development cycle governance adhere to both internal and external requirements.
• Train, mentor, and direct IT Management staff as appropriate on industry best practices pertaining to Project Management
• Provide leadership in the division, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance in the pursuit of the Department’s objectives.
Tecom Group, a Dubai Holding company and an industry developer of Dubai's leading business communities transforming Dubai into a global business hub.
Education and Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or any other related field.
MBA or equivalent with specialization in management is desirable.
TOGAF certification - Open Group Architecture Framework
Microsoft, Cisco, VM, Netapp certification
Prince 2 or other globally recognised project management certification
10+ years of IT management experience required.
Experience in managing real estate applications and infrastructure required
8-10 years of IT Application development around ERP, Real Estate Management, Mobile Solutions, Innovative customer interactions and technology architecture. Consulting experience desirable.
Experience as technical lead for a major technology implementation
• Cloud technologies: Google, Amazon, Microsoft
• Hardware: HP, Dell, Sun, IBM, NetApp
• Microsoft, VMWare,
• Oracle, IBM, TeraData, Netezza,
• Deep knowledge of Integration technologies and architectures, including:
o Point-to-point, bus, hub-and-spoke
o EAI (messaging, queues, brokers, object brokers), Enterprise Service Buses and Service Oriented Architectures
o ETL and file-based, volume interfaces
o Portals and UI-level integration
o Data replication and synchronization
• Application servers, containers and platform-specific integration standards
• Business Process Automation (BPA) and Management (BPM)
• Broadcast, unicast, and multicast publish and subscribe
• Web Services, Web Service Protocols and XML schema, standard message formats
• Processes and Methodologies: ERP, Release management, Business Analysis,
• Service management, Change management, Asset management, GAP Analysis.
• Communications and Networking: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, SSL, SAN, Internet.
• Database and Business Intelligence: SQL Server (2000/5/8/13), Crystal Reports, MS
• Access, Jet Reports, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik,
• Cloud technologies: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Salesforce, Force.com, Hadoop, Oracle
• Applications: VMware, Active Directory, MS Excel (Expert), MS Office, MS Project,
• MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Oracle
• Application Platforms: SharePoint Sever, MS Exchange, Apache, BizTalk Server, IIS, .Net, Workflow, DMS
• Application Middleware: ODBC, XML, ASP,
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: