Head of Global IT Projects
Oil & Gas - Projects
Posted 6th Jun 2018
This role will be the key IT business partner for the Petrofac Projects businesses. This leader will responsible for the definition of a global projects IT strategy, robust and cost-effective IT service delivery, implementation and adoption of enterprise IT platforms with corresponding data governance, and support for all revenue and cost control targets.
This leader will build and develop a high performing and customer-centric IT team, and partner with the broader Global IT function to delivery best in class IT services.
Responsibilities will include:
• Build a robust and wing-to-wing understanding of Petrofac Projects operations (EPC/EPCM/ Brown field, etc) and current applications landscape. Leverage this knowledge to articulate and champion a global IT strategy which drives simplification and standardization.
• Build strong relationships with the operational leadership teams to ensure buy-in, functional support, and adoption global platforms. Demonstrate effective influencing skills and organizational change management skills to drive simplification.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to improve operations, reduce costs, and/or improve on-time delivery. Champion these programs based on robust business cases and compelling CBA analysis.
• Provide strategic leadership and robust program management skills in the planning, scoping, implementation, deployment, and operational excellence (continuous improvement) of the various projects to improve Petrofac’s ability to deliver projects. Ownership for the full CBA (business case) for the all programs within the projects space, as well as supporting planning / budgeting/ and delivery of other global programs as needed.
• Demonstrate strong financial controllership of project spending, and prudent usage of IT base costs. Proactively seek out ways to drive efficiency and savings. Ownership of all budgeting, planning, cost-out programs, and regular financial reviews for the CIO related to global projects.
• Partner with a wide range of external vendors and industry bodies to ensure Petrofac embraces current and emerging technologies and security rigor.
• Constantly risk assess Petrofac operations and proactively identify and lead remediation programs
• Responsible to support all compliance, audit, or controllership plans, and ensure the timely and complete remediation of any agreed findings
• Overall ownership of the RUN function for all applications supporting the projects businesses. This includes direct managerial responsibility for the TCS support organization (c50 FTE), accountability to deliver operational excellence and change management improvements in an effective (cost effective) manner. Responsible to create, agree, and enforce an IT strategy related to the maintenance and ultimate retirement of legacy platforms.
• This leader should seek out ways to improve the usage and adoption of the current platforms in a series of quick-hit enhancements.
• Ownership and IT champion for all organizational change management activities needed to embed global platforms. Must be able to work cross functionally and influence operational peers to define a OCM strategy and roadmap.
• Flexible and adaptable to be able to help support and/or lead other programs within the IT function
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and relentless focus timely delivery of customer outcomes in a lean and agile manner.
Our client is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry.
We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. This enables us to respond to the distinct needs of each client and help them to transform the value of their assets across the oil and gas life cycle.
• A bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science. Advanced degrees are a plus.
• Demonstrated business and/or accounting acumen. Must be able to define business cases, CBA, and defined IT programs in a business context
• Experience with global ERP programs (Oracle / SAP)
• Experience with integrated project management processes and technologies: Document management, customer collaboration, planning, analytics, etc
• Extensive experience in effective organizational change management
• Management of operational (base) and program (CAPEX) budgets greater than $6million.
• Leadership experience--in a matrix model--of global teams
• Global program management experience underpinned by relevant certifications (Prince, PMM, etc), and a record of accomplishment of on-time, on-budget, and globally adopted programs.
• Impeccable integrity and a controllership mindset. Must be able to have demonstrated skills and experience in enterprise risk assessment, improving security / compliance rigor, and integrating will articulate controllership into a global business.
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time:
Get in touch with...
Get Job Alerts
Don’t miss out on your perfect job. Click here to sign-up for email alerts