Head of IT Strategy. Governance & Control
Banking - Leadership
Posted 2nd May 2018
To lead a team of IT Management and Governance professionals to effectively and efficiently manage ITD’s global governance and control processes. The role must ensure alignment with The Banks overall strategy and risk management practices as well as adherence to policies, processes and the various local and international regulatory requirements impacting IT through the establishment and management of a governance framework and control structures based on industry standards and best practices. The position is also responsible for the development, maintenance and ongoing management of IT’s performance management, planning and financial management processes, reporting and controls and must ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and steering towards ITD’s set objectives.
The Head of IT Strategy, Governance & Control is authorized to make, and is accountable for autonomous decisions affecting his/her department. The Head of IT Strategy, Governance & Control has full authority to act in accordance with the overall IT objectives and in full coordination with the Group Chief Information Officer when necessary.
The UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest financial institutions offers an extensive range of tailor-made solutions, and products and services, to provide a customised experience. Through its strategic offerings, it looks to meet the banking needs of customers across the world via its market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking and Personal Banking franchises.
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi in Khalifa Business Park, the bank’s international network spans over 19 countries across the world, providing the global relationships, expertise and financial strength to support local, regional and international businesses seeking to do business at home and abroad. In line with its commitment to put customers first, to Grow Stronger, FAB will continually invest in people and technology to create the most customer-friendly banking experience, and will support the growth ambitions of its stakeholders across countries in which the bank operates.
• A University degree in Computer Science, Business Management, and/or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 18 years of experience in information systems management of which at least 10 years at a senior management level.
• Able to provide banking and financial services industry-level key insights to form effective thought leadership in technology strategy formulation.
• Have skills in developing effective IT management processes, including those for strategic development and IT operations.
• Broad knowledge of current and emerging IT industry trends and directions, particularly those associated with IT in banking.
• Demonstrated experience using technology to set and enable business goals; business case development, planning execution, determining technical feasibility, cost of strategic options, and strategic possibilities enabled by new technologies.
• Commanding knowledge of current industry and Bank’s best practices in terms of IT strategy analysis, development and execution; IT and business alignment as they relate to financial institutions.
• Good blend of business acumen and technology competencies. Knowledge of development methodologies, development tools, web and server technologies, and E-Business or B2B enabling technologies.
• Commanding knowledge of IT industry standards and best practices as they relate to IT Strategy and Governance, such as ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF, PRINCE2, PMP, CMMI, ISO standards etc
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time:
Get in touch with...
Get Job Alerts
Don’t miss out on your perfect job. Click here to sign-up for email alerts