IT Infrastructure Architect
Oil & Gas - Architecture
Posted 1st Aug 2018
Main Purpose of the role
IT Infrastructure Architect is responsible to plan, design, and implement advanced Infrastructure architectures to meet business, security, and compliance requirements. Provides expert troubleshooting skills. Evaluates and recommends hardware and software technologies that enable business transformation. Develops and implements solutions to standards. Acts as the subject matter expert for infrastructure technologies. The scope of technologies includes but is not limited to Networking, System Management, Cloud, VMWare, Citrix, Load Balancers, Storage, Backup, IT Security, and Enterprise Applications such as Exchange, Active Directory, Identity Management, Enterprise Monitoring, Web Application and Middleware Servers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Research emerging technologies and solutions to solve complex business problems.
• Evaluate and recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
• Generate high quality artefacts such as architectural and capabilities roadmaps, requirements, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
• Designs, plans, and implements system and network architectures that are highly performing, scalable, fault tolerant, secure, and compliant.
• Provide support and guidance for the Enterprise Infrastructure environment.
• Develop, refine, and document policies, processes and procedures. In addition, the role will need to cross-train when applicable.
• Work closely with various IT groups to transition tasks, ensure performance and manage issues through to resolution.
• Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications.
• Understand clients’ business objectives and system requirements working closely with the business.
• Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems, incorporating knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations.
• Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
• Manage multiple projects and accurately report the status of all major assignments while adhering to all project management standards.
Our client is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry.
We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. This enables us to respond to the distinct needs of each client and help them to transform the value of their assets across the oil and gas life cycle.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or university with a degree in computer sciences or a related discipline.
• Professional certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, ISACA, Agile Scrum, ITIL, or Six Sigma, etc.
• 7+ Years working within professional, enterprise level IT Organization
• 5+ Years of experience in working as a Systems Administrator or Engineer
• Strong Working knowledge of Infrastructure Technologies and the relationships between application, systems, network, and security
• Strong working knowledge of Virtual Architecture (VMWare, Hyper-V, VDI,)
• Strong working knowledge of SAN environments. Design, Administration and Support
• Excellent overall knowledge of Enterprise Level technologies
• Network, data, and voice routing and configuration (Cisco/Meraki/3CX/HP, Alcatel)
• Server and PC operating systems (Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10 Pro, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 and Linux)
• Active Directory Services
• Internet Protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL)
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: