IT Manager, Data Science
Oil & Gas - Data Science
Posted 4th Jul 2018
Main Purpose and Role:
You will advocate, evangelize and build a robust data science function and help pivot company’s culture to embrace operational analytics. This leader will dig in and become an expert in the data science opportunities aligned with our EPC, global asset management, and Oil field operations. You will provide strategic direction and insight into leading analytical practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables. Your primary focus will be helping implement a global data management strategy, building a global data lake + visualization software, applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality operational analytics to support and integrate with our products and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key leader in driving the cultural revolution to become a metrics-based culture which harnesses the power of data to drive to drive company performance.
• Lead the data science organization which will be a mix of IT staff, a matrix of functional partners, and offshore contractors.
• This leader should create a clear vision, measurable outcomes, and build a high performing team focused on customer impact.
• Partner with global operational teams and platform owners to help build a global data lake and a cost-effective and scalable manner.
• Partner with operational leaders and our customers to deliver value-added analytics tools which can be monetized or used to augment commercial offerings.
• Pioneer OT and edge analytical capabilities on our remote oil field assets.
• Leverage industry best practice to define, scope, and implement a global data strategy which supports the centralization, normalization, and democratization of Petrofac’s vast data stores. This will include leading a global data council.
• Ownership of building and leading global masterdata management. This leader is responsible for the stewardship of key masterdata elements: Customer, Supplier, and Item.
• Lead masterdata cleansing and improvement efforts; including automated and cost effective solutions for Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
Our client is a provider of oilfield services to the international oil and gas industry.
We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. This enables us to respond to the distinct needs of each client and help them to transform the value of their assets across the oil and gas life cycle.
Knowledge and Qualification:
• BS or BA degree (BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering or Statistics are ideal). Data science degrees are preferred,
• 7+years practical data and business analysis/computing/commercial experience in an analytical role, preferably in a large, global organisation
• Data management literacy essential, particularly data quality
• Data blending experience required in joining and transforming complex data into an analysis-ready dataset
• Statistical analysis and modelling techniques and their uses. Ability to use advanced tools such as Python and R
• Data visualisation experience essential, knowledge of visualisation tools especially Tableau
• Experience running analytical projects and delivering results on time and on budget
• Experience of integration tools such as Knime would be an advantage
• Advanced MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/MS Project) especially Excel skills is must have
• Experience of SQL, R, Python, Tableau
• Willingness to work with Oracle
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: