Senior Manager Applications Delivery
Technology Services - Transformation
Posted 18th Jan 2018
The role holder is responsible for taking ownership of allocated solutions/systems and to manage a team of internal & external resources to design, develop, maintain and document all systems in line with the enterprise architecture operational and performance requirements. The role holder is also responsible for collaborating with the project management team and Portfolio director in analysing software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints and other ongoing initiatives.
• Provide complete solution/system analysis that will help in scope definitions required for the Implementation process of the business applications projects required for the business entities whilst following software engineering and development guidelines in the design, implementation and maintenance of the business applications.
• Formulate, design and develop solutions based on business requirements and application roadmap in alignment with architectural direction and business requirements as specified by the project management team. Including service level agreements are met.
• Provide broad functional and technical expertise to the Portfolio Director and the Project management team in the design and development efforts, including but not limited to architectural direction; user interface, user experience leadership, standards and applications development, best practices, resources, etc.
• Accountable for providing the Project Management team on task estimates based on project functional scope and technical requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence of all deliverables to appropriate standards and quality levels.
• Prepare technical design options; consult with hardware and software technicians on options and strategies.
• Evaluates the impact of new technology integration, upgrades, customization etc. on resource requirements, hardware and software requirements, costs, and return on IT investments and monitors the efficiency of applications with periodic checkpoints and value measurements.
• Oversees all aspects of service agreements with outsourced vendors including staff augmentation, software support, performance and SLA management and maintenance. Including leading external vendors in pursuit of delivering on project objectives.
• Proactively analyze the current information technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and opportunities and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Effectively communicates project status among all project stakeholders and team.
• Identifies and defines necessary controlling activities for assigned tasks, specifically related to design, build and unit testing.
• Participate in coding, development or technical support at least 20% or more as needed per project and team.
• Work closely with enterprise architecture team and development teams to define and implement enterprise process standards.
• Participates in gathering technical requirements including non-functional requirements per project, system or application.
• Act as the technical lead and the technically accountable person for the support and availability of information services providing Corporate Business capability
• Responsible for the day-today operations of allocated systems and acts as a point of escalation for technical issues and support
• Accountable that code reviews are executed to ensure adherence to programming standards, procedures and design.
• Analyze and identify the need for improvement in existing process/applications, present solutions and implementation plan to team.
• The through-life cycle management of the service including creation of Roadmaps and managing the upgrade of services to maintain security and support
• Follows and applies change management procedures for changes on the application and database and actively seek technology updates to business applications. Coordinates with applications’ vendors to make sure the application is upgraded to the latest version and is fully utilized.
• Ensure that designs are performant, scalable, resilient and align to appropriate recoverability pattern.
• Train, mentor, and direct IT Management staff as appropriate on industry best practices pertaining to business intelligence and data
• Develop the organization, department and team, both at an organizational and personal level
• Promote the team and Group IT
• Provide leadership in the division, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance in the pursuit of the Department’s objectives.
• Provide leadership to the team of application consultants, analysts, and developers to deliver various applications for the organization and provide overall Project Management mentorship to the applications team and manage specific assignments/projects related to applications.
• Oversees and monitors team work log, issue identification reports, timely resolution of all queries and ensures regular reporting to senior management of team activities.
• Provide insight and oversight of the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
• B. Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent is required, a Master’s degree (or equivalent) is highly desired.
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience of business analysis, system design and software development. Of which 5 years in project management and delivery of large scale applications preferably in a SaaS environment.
• Software development lifecycle experience/ Experience with automated testing techniques and test driven development
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Analytical, problem-solving, experience in application development, system integration, project management and planning for multiple concurrent projects.
• Full life-cycle experience (including design, development, unit testing, debugging, etc.) in the delivery of a wide variety of enterprise software solutions, including internet, intranet, object-oriented, service-oriented, client/server and n-tier architecture solutions.
• Strong understanding of real-time applications knowledge with Oracle and MS SQL Server as data source
Best In Class Capability, Business Advisor, Solution Provider, Flawless Execution,
Demonstrable Value, Innovator
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: