Senior UX Researcher
Banking - Digital
Posted 9th Jul 2018
The Senior UX Researcher will manage research activities in the UX Lab (a core
component of the innovation lab). The UX Lab will ensure UX research, insights and best
practices continue to make a positive impact on the banks customer experience.
The ideal candidate is curious about people and their engagement with technology, and
has exceptional behavioral data analysis skills.
This candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and the knowledge to continue to add
and contribute to the team's approach to solving customer problems through the right mix
of people, process and technology.
Key Accountabilities & Detailed Tasks
1. Audit digital interfaces with usability metrics and industry best practices
2. Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems
and component libraries
1. Conduct UX research and user testing activities in the UX Lab . including:
usability studies, competitive analysis, focus groups, remote usability testing,
tree-testing, eye-tracking, user surveys, expert reviews, card sorting, cognitive
walkthroughs and more.
2. Defining research objectives and appropriate research methodologies
3. Conduct ethnographic research employing observational techniques to better
understand customer motivations, behaviors and needs
4. Produce high fidelity reports detailing UX research, analysis and findings
5. Translate research data into UX patterns that connect the company goals with
the user needs
6. Own process to identify and engage customers & test cases across the bank
7. Plan and execute usability tests and create paper or virtual prototypes is
essential (InVision, Sketch, Axure)
1. Play a key role in design thinking / co-creation programmes in the lab. Working
hands-on with internal teams and external consultants
2. Collaborate with designers, technologists and fintechs to define and test digital
prototypes with customers and stakeholders
3. Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and
work within project parameters
1. Work with the wider team to continually improve the toolkit for design thinking
and Service Design by refining existing tools, methods, or processes, and by
seeking out and incorporating new tools, methods, or processes.
2. Showcase the lab to internal stakeholders and visitors
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to
clearly and effectively present concepts and justify decisions.
The UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest financial institutions offers an extensive range of tailor-made solutions, and products and services, to provide a customised experience. Through its strategic offerings, it looks to meet the banking needs of customers across the world via its market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking and Personal Banking franchises.
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi in Khalifa Business Park, the bank’s international network spans over 19 countries across the world, providing the global relationships, expertise and financial strength to support local, regional and international businesses seeking to do business at home and abroad. In line with its commitment to put customers first, to Grow Stronger, FAB will continually invest in people and technology to create the most customer-friendly banking experience, and will support the growth ambitions of its stakeholders across countries in which the bank operates.
1. 6+ years of experience in UX Research + Interaction Design
2. Experience applying a balanced mix of qualitative and quantitative
3. Expert in tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, Principle & Invision for
creating wireframes, sitemaps, flow diagrams & interactive prototypes
4. Passionate about industry and UX trends, sharing or applying them where
5. Proven history leading or working with cross-functional teams to create a
powerful, effective and coherent digital products
6. Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design
7. Strong command of English language both verbal and written a must.
8. Demonstrates flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities
9. Excellent presentation skills
10. Impeccable personal time management
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time:
Get in touch with...
Get Job Alerts
Don’t miss out on your perfect job. Click here to sign-up for email alerts