Technology Project Manager
Oil & Gas - Transformation
Posted 25th Jul 2018
Main Purpose for the role:
You will help scope and execute the Infrastructure Transformation of the organization. We are looking for experienced project managers and change agents to help lead programs across our Technology landscape to help organization embrace contemporary technology to make measurable improvements to our operations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
• Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
• Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
• Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
• Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
• Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
• Managing customer satisfaction within project transition period.
• Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Apply agile and LEAN principles to drive simplification and automation
• Perform cost-benefit and business case analysis to identify and execute projects to drive out cost and/or improve profitability
• Quickly learn new technologies and remain apprised of industry trends to assess emerging trends to solve organization’s challenges
• Able to balance and execute multiple projects and demonstrate a sense of urgency to deliver on-time and on-budget
• Define, scope, and lead applicable IT/Digital projects, undertaking all aspects of the planning process and maintain plus manage detailed plans throughout the project lifecycle, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
• Work with all stakeholders, contributors and suppliers to ensure project deliverables are met to plan and to budget
• Create the necessary project lifecycle documentation, ensuring all project documents are complete, accurate, current and stored appropriately
• Work with other IT specialist areas to establish and assess the impact of possible solutions on related systems and processes
• Investigate business challenges and co-ordinate the selection, design and implementation of the most appropriate solution
• Capture and translate business requirements effectively, acting as liaison conduit to more technical partners
Our client, a leading provider of Oilfield services within international Oil & Gas industry.
Qualification and Experience:
Degree (or equivalent) and professional background in IT augmented by considerable IT Project Management experience.
• Professional project management certifications – PMP or Prince 2 Practitioner
• Familiar with and able to adhere to project management methodologies and tools
• Experience in process improvement methods: Example: Lean or Process re-engineering
• Experience in creating cost benefit analysis and business cases
• Experience in our core technologies (example: Oracle products, Microsoft technologies) and a curiosity to learn about new technology
• Project Management experience
• Exceptional stakeholder analysis & communication skills
• Problem solving and decision making
• Business planning and management
• Customer relationship building
• Time management
• Accurate and timely reporting
• Negotiation and convincing skills
Is this the job for you? Don't waste any time: